Requesting a Transcript
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) requires that all transcript requests be authorized by the person to whom the record belongs, either in writing or by a secured electronic authorization. Requests by telephone will not be accepted.
University policy prohibits issuing transcripts (official or unofficial) to any student indebted to the University. The issuance of partial transcripts is not permitted.
Transcript Delivery Options
The University of Maine has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide secure delivery of official transcripts in both electronic and paper form. These options offer the ability to track the status of the request.
Electronic Delivery (Recommended for the fastest service)
- Cost: $3.50 ordering and digital security fee.
- The electronic transcript must be sent directly to the third party in order to retain its “official” status.
- Verify that the recipient will accept electronic transcripts before placing the order and provide the complete mailing address of the recipient as well as the correct email address.
Secure Print Delivery
Third party printed transcripts will have the official seal of the University of Maine and the signature of the Registrar.
Complete mailing address of the recipient is required.
Standard Mail Delivery Option
- Cost: $4.30 ordering and processing fee
- Sent via U.S. Mail the next business day
- Information and fees for rush delivery options will be provided during the ordering process. Express requests will be processed within one business day.
Certified Mail Delivery Option
- Cost: $5 ordering and processing fee
- Sent via US. Mail and may take 5-7 business days for delivery
- Signature by the recipient is required for the transcript to be delivered successfully.
International Mail Delivery Option
- Cost: $12 ordering and processing fee
- Sent via US. Mail and may take 21 days for delivery
- No tracking available with this delivery method
Current Students: Request Transcript (Official or Unofficial) using MaineStreet
- Limit of 10 transcripts per request.
- Transcripts requested through MaineStreet will normally be processed within three business days.
Accessing the Self-Service transcript request in MaineStreet:
- Login to MaineStreet
- Select Self-Service
- Select Student Center
- Select the “other academic” drop down list shown under the “Academics” section
- Choose either “Transcript: Request Official” or “Transcript: View Unofficial”
Visit the Information Technology website for MaineStreet login assistance.
Request in Person
Transcripts may be requested in person by visiting the Office of Student Records during office hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, and presenting photo identification.