- Fall 2022 Enrollment Appointment Schedule
- Enrollment (registration) PIN
- Enrollment Holds
- Fall 2022 Schedule of Classes (PDF)
- Wait List
- Schedule Changes (Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal)
- Refer to the Student Center: Resources for Students page to find an overview video and FAQs including how to enroll in classes using the Enhanced Student Center. If students encounter problems accessing MaineStreet, go to www.mail.maine.edu to view information on managing user accounts. It may be necessary to reset the account password. The IT Help Desk is also available for assistance.
- Review your Degree Progress Report (undergraduate degree-seeking students) and view the class offerings using the Class Search.
- Meet with your advisor to obtain your Enrollment PIN and plan your course selection to ensure fulfillment of degree requirements. (Graduate and non-degree students are not required to use a PIN.)
- Check enrollment dates on the Enrollment Appointment Schedule to determine enrollment appointments. The Enrollment Appointment is a set date and time when a student may enroll in classes for the term. An appointment is assigned to a student based on the amount of credit hours earned (excludes current class enrollments.) Students may also access their enrollment appointment information in the Student Center in the Enrollment tab under Enrollment Dates.
- Check for enrollment (registration) holds in the Student Center and address any that will prevent enrollment. New students will have a hold associated with completing the Financial Terms and Conditions. This information is designed to ensure awareness and understanding of billing and financial obligations as a UMS student. Complete the To Do List item named “Financial Terms and Conditions” to release the registration hold on your account.
Enrolling in classes:
- Log into your Student Center
- Enroll during the scheduled appointment time. The enrollment appointments are provided in the Enrollment Appointment Schedule as well as in the Student Center in the Enrollment tab under Enrollment Dates.
- Select courses ahead of the enrollment appointment time using the “Shopping Cart” feature, also known as the “Wish List.” Adding classes to the Shopping Cart does not enroll a student into classes – it is only the first step.
- Students have the option of enrolling in person by visiting the appropriate department or dean’s office.
- Courses that require instructor or special permission need to be added by contacting the department offering the course.
- Some courses will allow students to add themselves to a Wait List. Although each student on a Wait List is assigned a position number, that number does not necessarily represent the order in which students may be enrolled should openings in the class occur. Additional information can be found at Wait Lists .
- If problems are encountered during the enrollment process, contact your academic department/college or the Office of Student Records by calling 581.1288, or send an email to email@example.com.
Additional registration information is available in the online Undergraduate Catalog under “Enrollment Status.”